If you’re looking to get involved with geriatric health within the Montreal community, then look no further! Check out our list of volunteering opportunities and get in contact with us if you want further information or have any questions or concerns.
Currently, we are reopening volunteering at Jewish Eldercare and other CHSLDs such as St. Andrew’s and St. Margaret’s. Placements will depend on location and availability. Requirements for each site is listed below. Stay tuned for more information, we may have more locations in the near future as well!
1. Jewish Eldercare
Location: Jewish Eldercare Centre (5725 Victoria Avenue)
Approx. Time Commitment: New volunteers are asked for a minimum commitment of 1-2 hours a week for a minimum of 3 months (breaks for holidays and reading week are not a problem)
- Volunteers will be assisting with recreation activities
- Volunteering is in person, there is no remote/virtual volunteering
- Volunteer work begins at the end of September or early October with recruitment on-going throughout the year
- Must be fully vaccinated with proof
Location: Varies depending on the location
Approx. Time Commitment: Commitment of a minimum of 3-6 months (preferably 6) of regular volunteer work
- Volunteers will be assisting with recreational activities and friendly visiting (1-2 residents for weekly visit per volunteer)
- Must be fully vaccinated with proof.
- Interested applicants will have an interview, orientation, and forms to fill.
- The situation may change due to the 4th wave of the pandemic
Want more information on how to get involved or have any questions?
Email our VP Volunteer Coordinator Samantha at firstname.lastname@example.org!
In the subject line, please specify that the email is for Samantha (our VP Volunteer Coordinator). Don’t forget to include which locations you are interested in volunteering at!